Traveler’s Checklist for USA Visit 2022

We dream of exciting travel experiences. A safe journey, no hassles, and a smooth way to the destination. Well, sounds great, but often it becomes exhausting as we lack information about the documents, basic safety tips, and a lot more.

No more just dreaming of a stress-free travel experience to the US!

Now if you have plans to travel to the USA for a simple family visit, business or tour, we are here to help you guide on the things you need for a hassle-free journey.

Get excited as we are about to have detailed information on the documents and safety measures for the USA trip.

Documents required for the Departure

Travel documents are required for departure in some countries, including the United States. Please keep in mind that these requirements may differ from those for entry into the destination country and transit through a country.

To fly out of the United States, all customers, regardless of citizenship, age, or destination, must have a security document (one-way or roundtrip itinerary). An embassy or consulate-issued passport, US permanent resident card, Stateless travel document, Re-Entry Permit, NEXUS card, US Merchant Mariner Card, military ID, or emergency travel document is a secure document.

Passport cards issued by the United States are not valid for flying outside the country. Consult the US Department of Homeland Security’s Bureau of Customs and Border Protection’s Document Requirements for Air Travel for more information.

Customers should be aware that the passport, visa, and health requirements page does not cover any departure travel document requirements, which may differ.

However, before you get your hands on the departure documents, you need to go through the visa process too.

US visa checklist

To get the visa, you may need to choose the visa type. Once you’ve decided on the type of visa you wish to apply for, double-check the requirements and start collecting the required documents.


Regardless of the type of visa you are electing, all applications must include specific documents provided to the US embassy or consulate. When you submit your visa application, make sure you have all of these documents.

You must complete the DS-160 online application form to apply for a nonimmigrant visa in the United States. Using the Consular Electronic Application Center, you can fill out the DS-160 form online.

You’ll also need to offer supporting documentation to back up your responses on your application form, such as:

Proof of vaccination status

The United States will accept proof of COVID-19 recovery and immunization records from the United Kingdom, as well as proof of COVID-19 vaccination from Crown Dependencies. At least 14 days previous to departure, you must have received your final immunization dosage. Your vaccination appointment card from the NHS is not intended to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to prove your vaccination status.

The CDC website lists the kinds of acceptable proof of COVID-19 status. A digital COVID certificate issued by the European Union is also included. A copy of a COVID-19 immunization record or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued at the national or subnational level, or by an authorized vaccine provider, is also admissible as proof of immunization. More choices include digital images of a vaccination card or record, a downloaded vaccine record or certificate from an approved source (e.g., a public health agency, a government agency, or another authorized vaccine supplier), or a mobile phone application without a QR code.

All kinds of COVID-19 status must have a personal identifier that matches the information on a passenger’s passport or other travel documents, at a minimum including complete name and date of birth.

Receipt confirming payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant visa application

In contrast to European visa policies, which require payment on the day of the appointment, a US visa requires payment in advance to book an interview. Keep in mind that if you cancel your appointment or your visa application is denied, the US visa cost is non-refundable.

Passport Validity

If you are visiting the United States, your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay. You do not require any longer validity period on your passport beyond this.

Check with your travel provider to ensure that your passport and other travel documents are acceptable.


Some prescription pharmaceuticals, including narcotics and some OTC treatments sold in the United States, are unlawful in other nations. Before you travel, inquire with the embassy of your destination(s) regarding regulations and papers.

Consent for Travel with Minors

Foreign border officials may request custody documentation or notarized written authorization from the other parent if you are traveling alone with children. Before you travel, check with the embassy of your overseas location to learn what you may require.

International Driver’s License

Many nations will not accept a driver’s license from the United States, however, most will accept an International Driving Permit (IDP). You may also require additional auto insurance. Before you travel, learn more about driving and road safety in other countries.

Travel itinerary

The trip itinerary is a schedule that shows what you intend to do while in the United States. It contains documentation such as a booked flight reservation that reveals your intended arrival and exit dates in the United States. It may also display inner flight reservations if applicable.

You will also be required to provide proof of lodging. It should include where you want to stay in the United States (hotel, rental residence, friend or relative’s home, etc.). It can, however, just demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources to secure a hotel room once in the United States.


Documents related to sponsorship

If you intend to enter the United States on the basis of sponsorship from a US resident, you must provide documentation of that sponsorship. The following documents must be submitted by the sponsor:

  • Affidavit Letter – This is a letter that confirms the sponsor is financially capable of supporting you throughout your stay.
  • Employment Letter — a letter stating that the sponsor is employed and the amount of money he gets paid.
  • Bank Letter – that displays the days when the account was opened, the total amount of money deposited during the previous year, and the current balance. Payslips – three to four recent payslips

Bottom Line

Seems a lot? Well, it can be easy and more smooth if you can hire a travel agent to help you with all the arrangements. They can gather all of your information and process the visa as needed. The professionals will also provide you with the list of documents you will need at the time you enter the US. So, your bet is the agent in the field to guide and help you. You have basic information on all the documents you need. Rest is easy! Just don’t forget to ask questions. Moreover, do not forget to learn about the lifestyle, security, and prices out there in the US.

We really hope, you enjoy your trip to the US!